Saturday 19 March 2011

Essential Skincare - Face Masks

I am often asked to recommend beauty products to friends so thought I would publish a series of posts on the products I use on a regular basis. In this series, I will cover skincare (facial and body), hair and make-up. This week: face masks.

Whatever your skin type, you should do a weekly mask. I do a deep-cleansing mask every week (usually on Sunday) and then, every now and then, I'll do a hydrating mask. It doesn't have to be a massive task or take up loads of time: I run a bath while I wash my face, then I hop in the bath with the mask on. This way, the steam from the bath helps to open up my pores and by the time I'm done, the mask has worked its magic! If I'm in a super pampering and multi-tasking mood, I'll have a hair mask on at the same time!! 

Origins do great masks; my two favourites are:
Origins Clear Improvement Mask
Origins Out of Trouble Mask

Another favourite is Dr Sebagh's Deep Exfoliating Mask. This mask really is amazing. A little goes a long way and it comes with a spatula for good hygiene (no grubby fingers in the pot please!). If used regularly, your skin will become glass-like with clear smoothness - beautiful! Dr Sebagh is amazing across the range, btw (and it's pronounced sea-bag, so you don't get embarrassed at the counter!!).


I have just discovered that the mask now comes in a sensitive version, which I've just purchased as I think it will suit my skin a bit better - I'll let you know the results!


The products can definitely be purchased in John Lewis, SpaceNK, Bliss and Harrods but let me know if you can't get to those and I'll have a dig around for some more locations!




Love, 


AB x

No comments:

Post a Comment