Thursday 31 March 2011

Essential Hair - Hair Masks and Treatments

This week, I'm sharing my favourite hair masks and treatments. I've tried more than a few and the below are my two favourites.

L'Oréal Elvive Re-nutrition

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

I have actually tested others in the L'Oréal Elvive range and wasn't impressed - the one fronted by Cheryl Cole was a big disappointment...although obviously I was not expecting hair extensions to start sprouting out of my scalp ;).

After using the L'Oréal one shown, even male friends commented that my hair looked good - and these were men who said, "hmmm you look different but I can't figure out what it is.." after I had been submitted to a particularly bad self-tanning treatment and looked like a streaky oompa loompa, when I'm usually very pale and interesting!! So hardly the most observant of males. I find it makes my hair feel stronger, thicker and more willing to behave when faced with a hair dryer.

The Elasticizer is recommended by so many beauty editors. It is fantastic for fine hair because you use it before you shampoo your hair, rather than after (as with most hair treatments). This means it won't weigh down your hair. What it will do is strengthen, thicken and give that stretchy effect to hair so you won't get breakages.

As with the face masks, I would recommend that you use a deep conditioning hair mask or treatment at least once a week.  Start by massaging in the hair mask from mid-lengths to ends, section by section, then massaging the remnants into the roots. Next, place a shower cap or warm towel over your hair and relax in a bath! Twenty* minutes later, your hair will be stronger, shinier and nourished back to health. 

If that seems like too much fuss for you, I often use the L'Oréal one in place of my usual conditioner (and rinse for a little bit longer than normal). That only takes seconds longer than the normal shampoo-conditioner regime, so no excuses!

You can tell how much I love the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer by the size of the bottle!! It's economically efficient to bulk buy favourite products. You can buy the L'Oréal mask from supermarkets, Boots and Superdrug. The cheapest place I've found for the PK Elasticizer is Feel Unique but John Lewis and others also stock it. 

Love, AB x

*five to ten minutes is ok if your hair is pretty healthy and you don't have time to spare. If you have dry, coloured or heat-treated hair, then you should leave a hair mask on for longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment