Wednesday 20 April 2011

Hummingbird Bakery? There's an app for that....

The Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes have long been a serious vice of mine...I can't express how serrrriously delicious they taste...I'm getting hungry just writing about them!!! I was given their first book by a friend who noticed my fondness for cupcakes (read: obsession). Their recipes really do allow you to make cupcakes just like the shop! Well, my family and friends have certainly given mine their seal of approval - my nephew has named my chocolate ones (sans icing) as his favourite dessert ever! Quite an accolade from a chocolate-loving seven-year old!! 



Mmmm.....cake.....












So...I was super excited last night when I saw the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days App on iTunes!!! (Yea, kinda gave that away in the title, didn't I?) So yes okay, it's £4.99 but we'll brush past that because it's sooo worth it - not only does the app offer the usual favourites (Red Velvet Cake = amazeballs) but also some new recipes, which have recently been published in their Cake Days book


nom nom nom....
The great thing about the app, though, is that you can add ingredients to a shopping list, which segregates items into 'dairy', 'seasonings and spices' etc...which I find so helpful...but that's not all!!! It also cleverly adds together the same ingredients from different recipes, so you don't have to waste time doing the maths yourself!! 


If you're too busy or not domestically inclined, then head to one of the Hummingbird Bakery cafe/ shops and treat yourself to some freshly baked goodies - they have branches in South Kensington, Notting Hill and Soho. 

Love, 


AB x




Pictures borrowed from THB's website

No comments:

Post a Comment